Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Answered
Can I use Symphony APIs to create a secure channel between a custom web app and Google Cloud Platform?

Hi,

I am exploring how to use Symphony in 'unconvential ways'.

You can find attached a picture that illustrates the basic architecture I'd like to achieve:

• I have a React single page app where users upload documents (PNGs, PDFs, etc)
  • I want to send the uploaded documents to a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) storage bucket for further analysis on the documents
  • I'd like to use the Symphony APIs as a secure transport channel to send those documents from the single page app to GCP, without using any kind of Symphony client app or iframe

If it possible, how can I use the Symphony APIs to do it?

Thanks in advance for the attention!

Symphony APIs desidered usage.png

Posted 2 years ago
Votes Newest

Answers

That is not a supported use-case and it would deliver arguably no benefit as opposed to directly uploading your files. When you use Symphony REST APIs to send a message with an attachment, the message and file data are transmitted and stored encrypted on the Symphony Pod in the cloud. Customers do not get access to the encrypted version of the payloads and there are no APIs to retrieve that. The REST APIs need to work in tandem with the Symphony Clients for any given workflow such that the encryption and decryption process are transparent to both the developer/bot and end users.

Moreover, you will only achieve the highest level of security if you have an enterprise setup comprising an on-premise Key Manager and API Agent. That will prevent any unencrypted traffic from being transmitted beyond your internal network, but that will cost more on a licensing basis as well as infrastructure costs, which might not make sense in your scenario.

Posted 2 years ago
Yong Sheng Tan
39 × 2 Administrator
2K Views
1 Answer
2 years ago
2 years ago
Tags