Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Answered
Symphony Bot with selenium web driver?

I am writing to ask for your advice on whether I can achieve the following with Symphony API.

When there is a message on symphony group chat, for example, “/re” + “sth”, I'd like a selenium web driver to conduct some automated actions based on that "sth".

May I ask if you could please advise whether this would be possible or not?

Posted one year ago
Votes Newest

Answers 2

Here is a full example which may help also referenced from the same page shared previously.

from symphony.bdk.core.activity.command import CommandContext
from symphony.bdk.core.config.loader import BdkConfigLoader
from symphony.bdk.core.symphony_bdk import SymphonyBdk

async def run():
    async with SymphonyBdk(BdkConfigLoader.load_from_symphony_dir("config.yaml")) as bdk:
        activities = bdk.activities()
        messages = bdk.messages()

@activities.slash("/buy {$ticker} {quantity}")
        async def on_echo_mention(context: CommandContext):
            ticker = context.arguments.get_cashtag("ticker").value # can also be retrieved with context.arguments.get("ticker").value
            quantity = context.arguments.get_string("quantity")

message = f"Buy ticker {ticker} with quantity {quantity}"

await messages.send_message(context.stream_id, f"<messageML>{message}</messageML>")

Posted one year ago
Vinay Mistry
23 × 2 Administrator

May I ask a follow-up question?

If the case is:
Person A has said /buy {$ticker} {quantity} 1 minute ago and 1 hour ago respectively, and I want to open this bot to execute only the command for the request 1 minute ago (since I have executed the command for the 1 hour ago request already), can this be done?

Thank you

CY Wong   one year ago Report

So below is an example in Python on how your bot can extract arguments from a Symphony chat message.

@activities.slash("/echo {first_string_argument} {second_string_argument}")
async def on_echo_string_arguments(context: CommandContext):
#Get string argument with get_string
first_string_argument = context.arguments.get_string("first_string_argument")
# Get string argument with get_as_string
second_string_argument = context.arguments.get_as_string("second_string_argument")
message = f"Received arguments: {first_string_argument} and {second_string_argument}"
await messages.send_message(context.stream_id, f"<messageML>{message}</messageML>")

In the example we are just returning the values back to the user in the form of a Symphony message. But you could invoke your own business logic (including a Selenium web driver class) to carry out another action.

Posted one year ago
Vinay Mistry
23 × 2 Administrator
Vinay Mistry   one year ago Report

Hi, I'm afraid the commands are collapsed and I'm unable to see your full response, may I ask would you mind sharing what is the response above "you can see more reference examples listed here as well. https://symphony-bdk-python.finos.org/markdown/activity-api.html#slash-command-pattern-format", thanks so much!

CY Wong   one year ago Report
1K Views
2 Answers
one year ago
one year ago
Tags
api