Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Answered
Person-Selector usage in form in java

Say i have a string array of names and have passef it into the form.Wanted to use the person-selector option with other tags in forms so that it could show option as soon as we start typing the fist letter of the name.Could anyone please provide me with an example where form has three elements : Name,age and phonr number. When the user starts to write the name , the form should generate options of most possible name that the user is searching for the provided list of names .

Kindly note the form is made in Freemarker MessageML template and stored in form of .ftl

Posted one year ago
Edited one year ago
Votes Newest

Answers

Hi Kunaal,

Thank you for your question,

You can only use the MessageML - Person Selector in a specific set of ways, you can have the 'Person Selector' as part of the FreeMarker Template (.FTL).

However, you will not be able to pre-determine the person details such as age and phone number, so it is auto-populated or semi-generated as the end user is entering in the details.

With the MessageML - Person Selector, you will be able to have the person's name shown on the person selector for that Symphony pod environment. You can also set 'default values' for the person using their UserIDs but it won't be able to store pre-determined data/value such as personal identification information (PII) data, meaning you cannot predict or preload the user's 'age' or 'phone number' within the Symphony data entry form.

Here is an example of the FreeMarker Template for person selector - taken fro the Developer Documentation site:
https://docs.developers.symphony.com/building-bots-on-symphony/messages/overview-of-messageml/symphony-elements-1/person-selector

Without Default Values on Person Selector:

<messageML>
  <form id="form_id">
    <h2>person-selectors</h2>
      <person-selector name="placeholder" placeholder="My Placeholder"/>
      <person-selector name="value" label="With default values"/>
      <person-selector name="noreq" placeholder="Not required"/>
      <person-selector name="req" required="true" placeholder="Required"/>
      <person-selector name="label" label="My Label" placeholder="With Label"/>
      <person-selector name="tooltip" title="My Tooltip\n With a second line" placeholder="With Tooltip"/>
      <button name="person-selector">Submit</button>
  </form>
</messageML>

With Default Values on Person Selector:

<messageML>
  <form id="form_id">
    <h2>person-selectors</h2>
      <person-selector name="placeholder" placeholder="My Placeholder"/>
      <person-selector name="value" label="With default values" value='[12987981109743,12987981109741]' />
      <person-selector name="noreq" placeholder="Not required"/>
      <person-selector name="req" required="true" placeholder="Required"/>
      <person-selector name="label" label="My Label" placeholder="With Label"/>
      <person-selector name="tooltip" title="My Tooltip\n With a second line" placeholder="With Tooltip"/>
      <button name="person-selector">Submit</button>
  </form>
</messageML>

Posted one year ago
Kaosar Ahmed
310 × 3 Administrator
4K Views
1 Answer
one year ago
one year ago
Tags