Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Answered
Sending user specific messages from BOT

How can we send user specific messages (i.e. I have to send some exception alerts to group of related users. There can be N number of groups and exception alert should go to specific group of users based on some exception identifier). So do I need to create different chat rooms according to user groups and send alert from the BOT? any better suggestion to tackle with this ? Can I craete symphony app so that user can login to symphony and after opening app he can see exceptions raised for him only?

Posted one year ago
Votes Newest

Answers

This is more of a cultural rather than technical issue that you should discuss with the users on their preferred experience. There are broadly two ways to go about this:

Option 1: Maintain the user-group mappings outside of Symphony, then lookup the list of users upon the need to send alerts, sending individual 1-to-1 IMs to affected users. Users only see that single IM with the bot, regardless of alert type.

Option 2: As you suggested, create 1 room per alert (or category) type. Administer room membership either manually, self-service (public rooms, users can self-join), or programatically. Maintain the alert type to room mappings in the bot then send a single message into the respective room when the need arises.

Users can also choose to create signals on such alerts if you categorise the alerts using #hashtags, so they can use the signal as the notification feed while using the respective rooms to discuss in a forum with relevant membership.

Posted one year ago
Yong Sheng Tan
39 × 2 Administrator
1K Views
1 Answer
one year ago
one year ago
Tags