Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Answered
Formatting of tables

WHere can i find the rules applied to formatting a table i send into Symphony ? Looking for details on column width, word wrap conditiions etc. thanks

Posted one year ago
Edited one year ago
Votes Newest

Answers

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your question,

The following documentation confirming what is support when formatting messageML tables in Symphony (https://docs.developers.symphony.com/building-bots-on-symphony/messages/overview-of-messageml/messageml-basic-format-tags/tables).

There are many similariates with Symphony messageML to other markup languages such as HTML. However, not all aspects of the markup languages like HTML will be compatible with Symphony messageML.

We would recommend using the Symphony PresentationML Renderer Tool as a way to validate the messageML you are formatting: https://renderer-tool.app.symphony.com/

If you wanted to format & alter the column width of a table using messageML - you can use either the 'pixel' count or the '%'.

Here are two examples showcasing the using the 'pixel' count & '%' tables in messageML:

<messageML>
<table style="width:900px">
    <tr>
        <th style="width:300px">
           column 1
        </th>
        <th style="width:400px">
           column 2
        </th>
        <th style="width:200px">
           column 3
        </th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td style="width:300px">
           value 1
        </td>
        <td style="width:400px">
           value 2
        </td>
        <td style="width:200px">
           value 3
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>
</messageML>
<messageML>
<table style="width: 100%">
    <tr>
        <th style="width: 10%">
           column 1
        </th>
        <th style="width: 20%">
           column 2
        </th>
        <th style="width: 70%">
           column 3
        </th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td style="width: 10%">
           value 1
        </td>
        <td style="width: 20%">
           value 2
        </td>
        <td style="width: 70%">
           value 3
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>
</messageML>

Posted one year ago
Edited one year ago
Kaosar Ahmed
310 × 3 Administrator

thanks - looking at that link though i can't see note of say text-align but i know it works in the renderer. i'm now trying vertical-align and it doesnt work but i can't find any definitive source of what will work or not - just seems like its trial and error ?

Neil Weatherall   11 months ago Report

@<1531295433278623744|Neil Weatherall> if you're referring to supported inline style attributes, they're available on this page: https://docs.developers.symphony.com/building-bots-on-symphony/messages/overview-of-messageml/messageml-basic-format-tags/style-attributes

Yong Sheng Tan   11 months ago Report
1K Views
1 Answer
one year ago
one year ago
Tags